Aprisa SR+ Point to MultiPoint SCADA Radio
The Aprisa SR+ provides an industry-leading capacity of up to 120 kbit/s for more data-intensive applications, with four build-configurable ports for advanced flexibility.
- 360-degree security protection, including AES 256 encryption, data authentication, and micro-firewall
- Easy configuration and management, with laptop-free install and over the air software upgrades
- Standards-based with SNMP for integration with network management systems
- Reliable and robust for real world utility applications, and easily integrated with current SCADA infrastructure
- Advanced, efficient channel access and traffic management, optimized for SCADA applications
There are applications for the Aprisa SR+ throughout electricity, renewable, and the smart grid, including:
- Smart grid: concentrator communications and GPRS replacement
- AMI / AMR: high-density data concentrator backhaul
- Renewables: wind farm, tidal, hydro automation
- Measurement, control and protection in MV / HV distribution / transmission
- Co-generation and community energy storage monitoring and control in distributed storage and generation
- Fiber substitution in substation and feeder automation upgrades
Smart radio: Superior radio design for maximum performance
The Aprisa SR and Aprisa SR+ are distance-engineered and optimized for SCADA and telemetry applications, providing reliable, robust performance however demanding the conditions: what we call ‘real-world radio’. RF performance is unbeatable, with attention paid to every element of the design: transmitter, receiver, modulation, and efficiency.
The receiver maintains exceptional low noise operation via excellent sensitivity for greater distance and high selectivity and intermodulation suppression for superior protection from interference.
Smart management: Visual diagnostics and intuitive network management
The Aprisa SR and Aprisa SR+ incorporate a number of simple, yet smart, features to make it easy to manage your SCADA network, both at an individual radio level and at a complete network level.
Multiple LEDs provide easy visibility of status and alarm information, together with a test button that enables the display of key parameters such as RSSI. The Aprisa SR+ has LED indicators on each of the serial and Ethernet data ports which indicate the presence of data on the port.
The SuperVisor application supports local element management via IP and remote element management over the air from a PC connected to the Aprisa SR base station.
- Multiple LEDs and onsite test functionality
- Local, remote and network management
Smart security: Defence in depth
The Aprisa SR family incorporates an in-depth approach to security, which we call a 360-degree approach. This takes into account security fundamentals, types and sources of attack, and protecting all data and management interfaces, as well as incorporating industry standards and recommendations. This approach protects against passive eavesdropping, active denial of service, ‘man-in-the-middle’ attacks, and attacks at a management level.
- AES-256 encryption as standard
- Proprietary wireless protocol: based on 802.15.4 MAC and a proprietary PHY.
- Segregated traffic flow
- Licensed radio spectrum
- Management interface protection including authentication, secure web interface, encrypted firmware upgrades, and ICMP and UDP/TCP port blocking
- Address filtering
- Data authentication using CCM-based authenticated encryption algorithm
- Over the air rekeying (OTAR): Enhanced security key management via over-the-air rekeying (OTAR) enables users to change the network encryption keys at regular intervals to improve network security.
The security of the Aprisa SR family extends to the fact that it is a privately owned and controlled network, avoiding dependence on any third party operators. It is your critical infrastructure: why trust it to anyone else?
Smart interfaces: Wide range of traffic and management interfaces
The Aprisa SR family is designed to provide a future-proof SCADA radio solution, as well as making network management as easy as possible. With support for both serial and IP traffic, you can migrate to IP at your own pace.
Incorporating a comprehensive range of interfaces to provide maximum flexibility for communication, configuration, and control, you can choose the Aprisa SR product that best meets the needs of your network and applications.
- 4 build-configurable ports (2/2, 3/1, 4/0 Ethernet/serial)
- One Type A USB host port
- One Type B micro USB management portTwo Ethernet ports
Smart operation: Your network. You’re in charge
All networks are different. The Aprisa SR family takes account of this by enabling you to configure a number of detailed parameters to optimize your network, dependent on your network topology.
As well as the general network configurability supported by SuperVisor, you can configure a number of parameters that directly impact network efficiency, including:
- Channel access mode, Access Request or Listen Before Send
- Ethernet and serial port priority settings
- Network filtering and security settings
- Use of lightweight antennas
- Automatic remote station registration
- Intuitive ‘point and click’ management software
- Easy software upgrade process
Smart design: reliable and robust
The Aprisa SR and Aprisa SR+ are designed with superior attention to detail and quality, for consistent high performance, no matter how demanding your requirements.
There is no need for manual component tuning, there are no moving parts, and the Aprisa SR family maintains its high power output over a wide temperature range.
- Temperature range -40 to +70 º C
- Compact form factor
- Rugged die-cast aluminum chassis
- Easy to mount using DIN rail, 19-inch rack or direct wall mount
|Topology||Point-to-Point (PTP) or Point-to-Multipoint (PMP) operation|
|Operating Mode||Base Station, Remote Station, Repeater Station or Base- repeater Station|
|Licensed Frequency Bands||VHF 135 135-175 MHz
VHF 220 215-240 MHz
UHF 320 320-400 MHz
UHF 400 400-470 MHz
UHF 450 450-520 MHz
UHF 700 757-806 MHz
UHF 896 896-902 MHz
UHF 928 928-960 MHz
|Channel Sizes||12.5 kHz, 20 kHz, 25 kHz, 50 kHz and 100 kHz (software selectable)|
|Protocols||Ethernet - IEEE 802.3 IEEE 802.3, 802.1d/q/p with L2 Bridge or L3 Router modes
Serial - Legacy RS-232 transport
|VLAN Support||IEEE 802.1Q VLAN support with single and double VLAN tagged|
|Encryption and Authentication||Data encryption and authentication using 128,192 and 256 bit AES and CCM security standards|